What habit, if you were to adopt, would help your success? John Maxwell began collecting quotes, stories, and illustrations over 50 years ago because he knew he would need to have a collection for his weekly sermons as a pastor and now has 1200 files containing thousands of items he can use as a business and motivational speaker. I love this! We began his book, Today Matters, for our Bible/Book Club at the GFYO Center. I am so excited to explore this book for a second time because I realize it has been sooooo influential since the first time I read it.
Do you know anything about this book? It is all about creating great habits, daily habits, that lead to your success. He asks some very interesting questions. “How would you like every day to . . .
- Possess possibilities?
- Remain focused?
- Enjoy good health?
- Exhibit stability?
- Hold an advantage?
- Possess tenacity?
- Exercise options?
- Sense inner peace?
- Experience fulfillment?
- Feel significant?
- Receive direction?
- Learn and grow?”
We all want this, right? Imagine having all this poured into every day. It would be a magnificent day!
So, how does this happen? How can you make each day this kind of “masterpiece”? It begins with you being a total masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” You are here, at this time in history, to do only what you are called to do and it begins with Today because that is all you have. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not yet here. What you do with Today, matters.
So, we will be going through the “Daily Dozen” as we study this book. Are you interested in starting New Habits that WILL move your business and life forward? Are you ready to be intentional with your day so that you can be all God has called you to be? Are you ready to make decisions that create a better life?
Here are the twelve:
- Attitude: Choose and display the right attitudes daily.
- Priorities: Determine and act on important priorities daily.
- Health: Know and follow healthy guidelines daily.
- Family: Communicate with and care for my family daily.
- Thinking: Practice and develop good thinking daily.
- Commitment: Make and keep proper commitments daily.
- Finances: make and properly manage dollars daily.
- Faith: Deepen and live out my faith daily.
- Relationships: Initiate and invest in solid relationships daily.
- Generosity: Plan for and model generosity daily.
- Values: Embrace and practice good values daily.
- Growth: Seek and experience improvement daily.
You are welcome to join us each 1st and 3rd Monday from 11:45am-1:00pm. Bring your lunch and your book to the GFYO Center. We will meet again on September 19th and will be looking at chapters 3 & 4.
Final thought as you make the decision to join us. Work as Worship means being INTENTIONAL every day. Remember this. . .
Good Decisions – Daily Discipline = A Plan without a Payoff
Daily Discipline – Good Decisions = Regimentation without Reward
Good Decisions + Daily Discipline = a Masterpiece of Potential
Learn with us how to be the Masterpiece you were created to be.
Be filled to overflowing,