EIGHT Habits of Successful People for Your Success TOO
The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Many of us know this from Galatians 5:22-23. But did you know it takes WORK on your part to have success in these areas?
The Holy Spirit in your life produces these results because He gives you the POWER to be disciplined and to keep practicing Personal Mastery. Without the inspiration, guidance, and conviction of the Holy Spirit we would not have the POWER to do what God is asking.
If you want your life and work to be one that is honoring God and growing you, then you need to step up, be disciplined each day, and create the Habits that will make you successful.
Let’s start with eight HABITS you can begin to follow. I hope the example of others will inspire you to learn to prioritize and bring peace to your life.
Habits of Successful People
- They get up early. Successful people are accustomed to rising early, and that habit appears repeatedly among those who do well in life. It provides them a sense of confidence to plan things ahead so that they can easily accomplish their daily tasks. They make use of this time by involving in exercise and planning the activities of the entire day. I am not saying you need to be part of the 5:00am Club (I tried and failed) but you need to get up early enough to have time alone.
- They read, a lot. While successful people read for pleasure, most use their reading habit as a means to gain knowledge or insight. A reading routine boosts your smartness and overall brain function. Personally, I read three books at any one time. One during my morning time of study, one in the car (audio), and one by the bed. It is amazing how much you can accomplish by just reading three pages a day.
- They spend 15 to 30 minutes each day on focused thinking. Focused thinking is the most alerted state of your mind because it allows your brain to concentrate at its best by removing all the distractions. This gives them the opportunity to analyze everything in a better way and may come up with a better strategy to accomplish things. I do this every morning with my journal open as I talk with God about what He wants from me today.
- They make personal care a priority. You cannot become successful without a plan for dealing with stress. Making a daily habit of exercise (and proper eating) allows them to manage stress and deliver their best. Taking time to relax and practice meditating on God’s Word is essential too. Exercise and meditation not only enhance their memory and mental sharpness but also enable them to increase their creativity. Personal care is incorporated in my day as part of my Super-8
- They spend time with people who inspire them. Successful people know the value of exchanging ideas with others through networking. They also know the value of collaboration and teamwork – all of which happen when you network. They also prefer to develop relationships among positive and motivated people so that they can have the company of the right people. This is why I have the PUMP (Power Up) Mastermind Program where I regularly meet with and exchange ideas with Christian Businesswomen and Entrepreneurs.
- They pursue their own goals. This is called the “action” habit. It is important to organize, to plan, and to set priorities, but without action, a plan is nothing more than potential. Almost every successful person likes to set short term goals because they know that creating the short-term goals and achieving them with success will help them come closer to the bigger, long term goal. I use my 8-8-8 Strategy to keep me focused on my goals and the action steps it takes to get them accomplished.
- They get enough sleep. Having enough sleep is essential for being successful in life. It not only sharpens your brain but also helps to boost your mood. Successful people know the importance of adequate sleep that’s why they prefer to take a sufficient amount of sleep daily so that they can set themselves up for the top-quality work. For me that means having a bedtime routine that helps me relax, unplug, and prepare for sleep.
- They have multiple incomes. Successful people always work towards creating multiple income streams because they know that relying completely on a single source of income can never provide them financial stability. They normally have around three to five income streams so that they don’t have to waste too much time dealing with any financial crisis. They know time is money. They spend their time wisely because they know that every day, they have a specific amount of time that needs to be spent effectively for being successful. I have created streams of income by offering my services in different ways: a workshop, a downloadable program, coaching, and retreats.
Begin Your Success Habits
- Create an ideal daily routine and stick to it. Having a perfect daily routine is necessary for a successful life because it’s not only about creating an ideal morning plan but also a plan for the entire day. Plus, a routine is not enough if you don’t follow it. Invest time in creating these routines as well as give equal importance when it comes to following these routines. They structure your life and business, save you time, and make you more efficient.
- Begin to practice Self-control. Self-control has the power to improve your focus and decision-making capability. It has a huge impact on success. Spend a limited amount of time on the things that tempt you to waste time and resources. Instead turn to those activities that contribute positively to your success. This is where the Holy Spirit helps you build that muscle. It is the entire process of building this muscle that makes your life stress-free.
- De-prioritize useless opportunities. When you create your goals, there are many tasks that don’t add a lot to your main goal. The best way to deal with them is to de-prioritize from your list because they are consuming your time on unnecessary tasks and keep you away from attaining your goals. Make sure to pay attention to details that make things better in terms of accuracy, time, and quality. You don’t want to repeat a single task again and again and waste valuable time and money.
- Start to take more risks. In order to achieve extraordinary things in your life and business, it is necessary to take calculated risks. If you are too scared to try new things out, then accomplishing great things in your life and business can just be a dream for you. Don’t settle for living inside your comfort zone, which means missing opportunities. But, challenge yourself so you can reach the peak of your performance and deliver your best to your sphere of influence.
Knowing these habits about success let’s us in on a few secrets. Success is not a family heritage or something that entirely depends upon good luck. AND, success is something that can be learned and be achieved if we adopt the right habits. Creating these habits can seem daunting. That’s where the 5Ps to Significance & Satisfaction can help. This Coaching/Mastermind Program helps you to prioritize and create habits that make you successful in all area of your life. Follow the examples of successful people, start implementing these Habits into your daily routine. Take the first step towards a successful life and business, the one God wants for you.