EIGHT Habits of Successful People for Your Success TOO
The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Many of us know this from Galatians 5:22-23. But did you know it takes WORK on your part to have success in these areas?
The Holy Spirit produces these results in your life because He gives you the POWER to be disciplined and keep practicing Personal Mastery. Without the inspiration, guidance, and conviction of the Holy Spirit, we would not have the POWER to do what God is asking.
If you want your life and work to honor God and grow you, you need to step up, be disciplined each day, and create the Habits that will make you successful.
Let’s start with the EIGHT Habits of Successful People you can begin to follow. Then, I hope the example of others will inspire you to learn to prioritize and bring peace to your life.
Eight Habits of Successful People
- They get up early. Successful people are accustomed to rising early, and that habit repeatedly appears among those who do well in life. It provides them a sense of confidence to plan things to accomplish their daily tasks efficiently. They make use of this time by involving in exercise and planning the activities of the entire day.
I am not saying you need to be part of the 5:00 am Club (I tried and failed), but you need to get up early enough to have time alone.
- They read a lot. While successful people read for pleasure, most use their reading habits to gain knowledge or insight. A reading routine boosts your smartness and overall brain function. I read three books at any one time. One during my morning study time, one in the car (audio), and one by the bed. It is incredible how much you can accomplish by just reading three pages a day.
- They spend 15 to 30 minutes each day on focused thinking. Focused thinking is the most alerted state of your mind because it allows your brain to concentrate at its best by removing all the distractions. This allows them to analyze everything better and come up with a better strategy to accomplish things. I do this every morning with my journal open as I talk with God about what He wants from me today.
- They make personal care a priority. You cannot become successful without a plan for dealing with stress. Making a daily habit of exercise (and proper eating) allows them to manage stress and deliver their best. Taking time to relax and practice meditating on God’s Word is essential too. Exercise and meditation enhance their memory and mental sharpness and enable them to increase their creativity.
- They spend time with people who inspire them. Successful people know the value of exchanging ideas with others through networking. They also see the importance of collaboration and teamwork – all of which happen when you network. They also prefer to develop relationships among positive and motivated people to have the company of the right people. This is why I have the Calling Clarity program, where I regularly meet with and exchange ideas with Christian Businesswomen and Entrepreneurs.
- They pursue their own goals. This is called the “action” habit. It is essential to organize, plan, and set priorities, but a plan is nothing more than potential without action. Almost every successful person likes to set short-term goals because they know that creating short-term goals and achieving them with success will help them come closer to the bigger, long-term goal.
- They get enough sleep. Having enough sleep is essential for being successful in life. It not only sharpens your brain but also helps to boost your mood. Successful people know the importance of adequate sleep. That’s why they prefer to take a sufficient amount of sleep daily so that they can set themselves up for top-quality work. For me, that means having a bedtime routine that helps me relax, unplug, and prepare for sleep.
- They have multiple incomes. Successful people always create multiple income streams because they know that relying entirely on a single source of income can never provide them financial stability. They usually have around three to five income streams not to waste too much time dealing with any financial crisis. They know time is money. They spend their time wisely because they know that they have a specific amount of time every day that needs to be spent effectively for being successful.
Begin Your Success Habits
- Create an ideal daily routine and stick to it. Having a perfect daily routine is necessary for a successful life because it’s about creating an ideal morning plan for the entire day. Plus, a routine is not enough if you don’t follow it. So invest time in creating these routines and give equal importance when it comes to following these routines. They structure your life and business, save you time, and make you more efficient.
- Begin to practice Self-control. Self-control has the power to improve your focus and decision-making capability. It has a significant impact on success. Spend a limited amount of time on the things that tempt you to waste time and resources. Instead, turn to those activities that contribute positively to your success. This is where the Holy Spirit helps you build that muscle. It is the entire process of building this muscle that makes your life stress-free.
- De-prioritize useless opportunities. When you create your goals, many tasks don’t add a lot to your main goal. The best way to deal with them is to de-prioritize from your list because they consume your time on unnecessary tasks and keep you from attaining your goals. Pay attention to details that make things better in terms of accuracy, time, and quality. You don’t want to repeat a single task again and again and waste valuable time and money.
- Start to take more risks. To achieve extraordinary things in your life and business, it is necessary to take calculated risks. If you are too scared to try new things out, then accomplishing great things in your life and business can be a dream for you.Don’t settle for living inside your comfort zone, which means missing opportunities. But, challenge yourself so you can reach the peak of your performance and deliver your best to your sphere of influence.
Knowing these habits about success lets us in on a few secrets. Success is not a family heritage or something that entirely depends upon good luck. AND success is something that can be learned and be achieved if we adopt the proper habits. Creating these habits can seem daunting.
Follow the examples of successful people, start implementing these habits into your daily routine. Take the first step towards a successful life and business, the one God wants for you.