Answer the following yes or no.
- Does your prayer life seem to be stuck?
- Are you frustrated by what subject/topic you should study from the Bible?
- Is your Bible study method not growing your faith?
- Has worship at church just become routine for you?
- Have you convinced yourself that Christian service is only done through church activities?
- Do you want to grow in your faith but you are not sure what direction you should go?
- Do you believe that your past religious experiences are the only way to connect to God?
- Is there a disconnect between having God’s peace and your actual faith-life?
- Do you crave more meaning in your day-to-day as you represent Christ in the marketplace?
How many did you answer ‘yes’ to? If there are four or more I want to challenge you to think about why. Many of us have roots in our childhood of faith and religion. We sometimes get fixed on how we were taught to pray, worship, study the Bible and serve others. We learned that the way the church we attended practiced these things was the ‘right way’ that God wanted.
Now, here you are in your job, your work, your business and the ways you were taught earlier in your life are not working. You feel more disconnected from your spiritual life than you care to admit. What if I told you it can be different?
Let’s look at some other questions. Have you ever. . .
- . . . felt God’s presence around you when you were hiking or doing another outside activity?
- . . . found spiritual context (a.k.a., God) in secular books and music?
- . . . experienced a closeness to God while you exercised and actually began talking with Him?
- . . . heard God speak to you when you were concentrating on a task or project?
- . . . used your actions (a.k.a., volunteer project) as a prayer to God?
What did you say ‘yes’ to here? If you said yes to at least one, then you have had a spiritual experience that was ‘out of the ordinary’ to what is taught in most faith traditions. They are valid and they connect you to God on a level that traditional religion can sometimes not appreciate. These experiences demonstrate true connection to God through distinct personalities. Your personality is unique and it allows you a unique way to connect to God and grow spiritually.
This is good news for you. As you work each day at your job, in your business, or as an entrepreneur you can connect to God. You can know what He wants for your business, for your daily direction, and for your relationships. AND, the one relationship that is most important is your relationship with Him.
Are you ready to grow in your faith? Are you ready to see God in your daily life, not just on Sunday? Do you want to align your faith and business so that you are living in your purpose and fulfilling His plan for you? Find your way to connect to God through a Personalized Faith Plan. Find your way to link your Faith and Business by understanding why you are You.
My goal today was to get you thinking about where you are in your faith-life and why you are not moving forward in order to thrive in your soul. You may know where you are with your business and where you are going this week, this month, and this year. The question is. . . Are you linking that faith to your business so you show up as God’s representative in the marketplace? Do you know how? Do you want to know how? Let’s talk . . . 🙂
Be filled to overflowing,
Leave a Reply